Sunday, March 16, 2008

About Andrew

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

That is the scripture at the top of the Nason's blog. (link is on the right) I could not think of another verse that sums up what I am "striving" for today. I just can't rely on my own feelings and hurt right now. It makes so much more sense to just hand it all over to my Holy Daddy who loves me and hurts when I am hurting. My "understanding" of why this has all happened and how much more can we endure is woefully inadequate. I simply will trust in God and acknowledge that He knows far better than we. His hand is guiding our steps even now. We rest in the shadow of His healing wings.

Andrew was and is a beautiful little boy. He weighed only 1 lb and 2 oz and was 12 inches in length, but was formed perfectly in every way. He bears a striking resemblance to his older brothers, though they will sadly never run and play together. His mother's grief is intense; he will never know the warmth and safety of her embrace. Her arms are so empty. I will forever cherish the memory of the scent of his body after he had been cleaned. I pray that it will linger forever in my mind. I hope that I can remember the way his skin felt against my lips when I kissed him. He was so tiny, but mine nonetheless

A graveside service will be held on Friday afternoon (time yet to be determined) at the Self Creek Baptist Church cemetery. Please continue to pray for us as we rely on God's providence in our lives.

Always Andrew's dad,

Bo

1 comment:

Melody said...

Continually thinking of you and praying for your sweet family that our Heavenly Father is holding you in the palm of His hand.

Melody