Wednesday, March 5, 2008

An American Hero!

Okay,

I know that you all have been holding your breath for me to post today after Huckabee conceded and McCain has been crowned the GOP nominee. First of all, don't be sad for Gov Mike. He ran an excellent campaign and is a very talented individual. He has a bright future ahead of him (though I do not pretend to know what it is!) Secondly, I do have a sense of "I told you so..." in arguing with many seasoned political veterans (including a former Mississippi governor who shall go unnamed) and accomplished political science professors about McCain's chances at winning the Republican nomination despite some perceived unconservative stances and recent financial shortcomings. In short, I am justified in my political philosophy and opinion. :P

Also, I am proud to say that Sen McCain has strong Mississippi roots!!! His grandfather, Admiral John S McCain Sr, is from Carrollton, MS. He was the commander of the Pacific Fleet during World War II. Camp McCain, near Grenada, is named for him, as is McCain Field at the Naval Air Station in Meridian. McCain (the grandfather) also attended Ole Miss. Because of these strong ties to the state, Trent Lott referred to Sen. McCain as the "third Senator from Mississippi" at a lecture that I attended that they both gave here on campus at the Ford Center in 2005. (The Ford Center is also where he will first debate the Dem nominee in September!

Okay, digest this information. I will share more about him in the coming days, along with providing wonderful and pithy commentary to accompany the information. We are all well here in Oxford. Us boys got haircuts today. We needed them desperately! Harley even went to the doggy spa yesterday for a trim! New pictures to come soon.

Bo

Bo

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hey guys...

I followed the link to your blog from Carter's site. I really hate I've missed so much of your lives by "sticking my head in the sand" after we lost Brent. I'm glad we have another outlet to keep up with your sweet family.

Our prayers are with you...
Love,
Tonya