Friday, February 22, 2008

McCain and the NYT

Okay, I can't say that I am surprised that the NY Times unloaded on McCain now that he is the presumptive Republican nominee. It was bound to happen eventually! I actually think that it will help him tremendously with the conservative base, which has been a problem thus far. McCain and the conservatives now have a common enemy (ie. the liberal media) and they finally can lock arms and march hand in hand. I believe that this is exactly what McCain needs to move forward. I mean Rush Limbaugh has been defending Mac for the past 24 hours. That in itself is no small matter. The article was very sloppy and thin on evidence anyway. The McCain campaign did an outstanding job of responding to the hit job. I think that really impressed a lot of people how quick and agile they were in taking out the trash. I even got a fundraising email late yesterday from the campaign using the NYT article as means raise money. On a side note, it was extremely interesting to watch Mike Huckabee responding to the claims against Mac. It was almost like he was begging McCain to "pick me, pick me". I mean he scheduled a press conference to say what an upstanding guy McCain was. Good grief!

We are doing well here in the Oswalt home. Jason (Shawa) and I went to see Vantage Point tonight; it is well worth watching. It was good to get out and relax for awhile also. If you are in the mood for some good food in Oxford, I had the shrimp and grits at Boure. I recommend it highly! The conversation on various theology related matters was good also. I have a lot to learn, I must admit! Okay, I am done rambling. This blogging thing is therapeutic, I think. Don't tell Lindy.

Bo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Nader is running again! Do you have Benji's number? I may see if he wants to join me at a rally. Maybe Tara and Aaron can go too. Love you, Bo! Heather